Suppose you have lost your previous earbuds during travel or when working out or anything in-between, it makes perfect sense that you will prefer to buy a much affordable set onwards. Luckily, you can now find the best earbuds under $20 that pack amazing sound quality and durability.
Something to keep in mind is that you will be getting are very basic features and not the sturdiest build quality. However, these headphones can last you longer with excessive use if you take care of them appropriately.
In addition, a below $20 budget won't give you a wide array of options, e.g., good quality wireless features or the best bass you would need to listen to your favorite tunes when working out. However, you can enjoy some great features like in-line microphones and longer cables that allow you to pack your device in the pocket or bag.
The following is a list of five of the best earbuds under $20 you can get today, their pros and cons, as well as a few factors you might need to consider before you purchase your first set.
1. Best Overall: Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones
If you desire a set of earbuds to listen to music while attending to a few errands, you would love these Panasonic earbuds coming under the $20 price point.
They were initially designed to pair with iPod Nano 5th generation colors; thus, you will find them in many color variations, from black, red, blue, white, and more.
They are ergonomic, meaning the ear tips will stay in place throughout your listening period. While these are not your best earbuds for working out or serious activity, you can customize your best fit using the three sets of earpads that come with the package.
The long 3.6-foot cable makes it easier to carry your smartphones or listening gadgets in the pocket or bag. In addition, the cable also comes with an integrated microphone and call remote and connects to your devices through a 3.5mm jack.
The earbuds are compatible with iPhones, Android phones, and Blackberry. You can expect excellent audio quality, balanced high and deep low notes, and wide frequency response.
2. Best Fit: KLIM Fusion Earbuds with Microphone
- ✅ COMFORTABLE. KLIM Fusion are fitted with memory foam which will retain the shape...
- ✅ BUILT TO LAST + WARRANTY. There’s a problem with earphones: they often tend to...
- ✅ HIGH QUALITY AUDIO. You will surely get a higher quality audio output with $100...
- ✅ MEMORY FOAM. It’s innovative, these in ear extensions have a two fold advantage...
- ✅ INTEGRATED MICROPHONE - USE IT FOR YOUR CALLS. The KLIM Fusion is the ideal...
These are wired headphones you will love for the outdoors; they look classy, have excellent sound quality, and are designed with memory foam for the best fit. In addition to using memory foam earpads, the set can also offer basic noise-canceling technology so you can enjoy your songs.
The in-ear extensions come in different sizes making the unit your best earbuds under $20 for different family members, including children. The earbuds also come in different colors, so you are sure to find a pair that complements your style.
Even if you come to expect the best sound quality from expensive headphones, these cheap earbuds do get the job done. Not only do they allow noise isolation, but they also with a powerful bass and minimal echo sensations, so you can use them for music, movies, gaming, and more.
Like many wired earbuds, this set also comes with an in-line microphone and call remote on a 5-foot cable that allows you to enjoy hands-free listening or calling. In addition, the earbuds are compatible with all devices with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The pair comes with a 5-year warranty from Klim as well as a 30-day moneyback guarantee.
3. Best Wireless Earbuds: Skullcandy Jib+ Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- 6 hours of battery life
- Splash resistant
- Call, track, volume control, and activate assistant
it can be quite hard to find the best pair of earphones under $20 if you hate cables. Luckily, this pair from Skullcandy comes in a neckband design with excellent Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
The wireless headphones deliver balanced sound quality, with the need for better bass, and come in colorful options to choose from. The small ear tips are attached to join at the back of your neck, and the unit also has a large compartment for battery storage.
Unlike the more expensive wireless earbuds, this model comes with a less powerful battery that will only last up to six hours. In addition, the package comes with a micro-USB to use for charging the battery.
The wireless in-ear headphones also come with an in-line mic for the best hands-free operation. According to the manufacturer, they are also splash-resistant.
While they are one of the best earbuds or such a low price, they also come with a few downsides. These are short battery life and a long cable without a clip to shorten it.
4. Best Type-C: SAMSUNG EO-IC100BBEGUS Corded Type-C Earphones
- Compatible Devices: Tablets Phones Laptop
- Compatible Phone Models: Universal Support To Phones And Tablets With Type-C Port...
You need a good set of cheap wired earbuds if you can't find a wireless model to go with your phone, especially when you don't have a 3.5mm jack.
These Samsung in-ear headphones come with a tangle-free cable and sets of four interchangeable ear tips, so you get the best fit and help deliver quality sound.
The long cable will easily connect to your Type C charging ports for most Samsung devices and other brands now using the Type-C port. In addition, the cable features a built-in microphone for phone calls as well as playback controls.
The earbuds offer better sound quality compared to most options within the $20 price point. This is because they are tuned with AKG and designed with two-way speakers for high-quality stereo sound.
5. Best Earbuds for Exercise: JBL Endurance RUN
- Flexible flipbook, two-way design allows you to wear the headphones either in-ear or...
- Thanks to twistable and flex soft technologies, these headphones are lightweight and...
- Sweat proof
- In-line one button remote with microphone enables hands-free calling
- Magnetic earbuds that allow for easy cable management when not in use
If there is one guarantee you probably didn't have when looking for the best headphones under $20, it would be finding a JBL model on the list. This JBL Endurace Run pair of in-ear headphones f designed for you if you are looking for a pair for the gym.
The best feature is the long cable's flexibility; you can wear the earbuds traditionally or behind your ears to reduce cable noise as you exercise. Also, because you will workout in them, JBL even made the unit waterproof; it comes with an IPX5 waterproof rating.
Working out requires great sound so that you can listen to the latest hip-hop. These earbuds do not disappoint, and they even come with an in-line microphone and remote, plus an ergonomic V-shaped cable jack.
They are easy to store in your gym bag, coming with magnetic earbuds for better cable management. In addition, they are compatible with most headphones. Sadly, these earbuds lack a button for volume control, so you have to get your smartphone out to adjust volume settings.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Earbuds Under $20
While you may consider these as cheap earbuds and figure you don't need to more a lot of attention to the features, we are here to tell you that the pair you get can come with some of the best features you only expect from high-end earbuds.
Consider these features as you buy your best budget-friendly headphone.
a) Type of earbuds
When looking for the best earbuds under $20, you can choose between the following types;
- Wired earbuds
- Wireless earbuds
- Wireless neckband earphones
Wired earbuds usually come with the old-school long cable that may put you off at first. But, seeing as most people want to do away with the wires, now would be a great time to spend your $20 on the best pair.
Alternatively, you can buy wireless earbuds; they are more up-to-date than wired models. While it would help to look for extra features such as water resistance and durabil8ity, the most important feature for you is long battery life.
Wireless neckband earphones will come with longer battery life compared t other earbuds. However, it is quite difficult to spot a good neckband model at this low price range.
b) Cable length
If you opt for wired earbuds, you need to look at how long the cable is to understand how easy they will be to use when you want to work with them.
Two things can happen; they can be too long that the cable starts to tangle, or they can be too short that you will need to hold your smartphone throughout the listening period.
c) Type of fit
When wearing your earbuds, one thing can make or break your experience; the fit of the earpads and how much you need to keep pressing them in.
If you are not sure of the best fit for your ear canal, the best earbuds for you should then come with interchangeable ear pads so you can try each size. In most cases, most earbuds come with sets of four earpads to use when you buy.
The best earbuds under $20 will connect in any of these three ways;
- Wirelessly through Bluetooth
- Wired connection through a 3.5mm jack
- Wired connection through a charging port
Whichever connection you go for, make sure your budget earbuds are compatible with the smartphones or listening devices you will use.
e) Sound quality
While you may not expect your budget earbuds to deliver quality sound like other top-of-the-line models, you can have some basic expectations like good bass quality, balanced tones, and external noise isolation.
A few earbud models, such as the KLIM Fusion Earbuds, offer basic ambient noise isolation so you can listen without external noise affecting your entertainment.
It is worth noting that most cheap noise isolation earbuds rely on special materials for the ear tips, such as memory foam and soft silicone.
Buying cheap wireless earbuds or basic wired earbuds under $20 does not mean you wouldn't mind them falling apart after a few months. On the contrary, you will still need to take care of them, and one guaranteed way to ensure longevity is by how you store them.
When buying any basic wired earphones, you can look for models that come with a carry case or, in some cases, magnetic ear tips like the JBL Endurance Run earbuds. If you opt for true wireless models, choose a pair that comes with a clip for shortening the long cable.
g) Extra features
Cheaper headphones do not come with the most versatile sound and appearance features, but here are a few you can look for in a below $20 model;
- Color variety. Some models even come with a multi-colored headphone cord, while some will be multi-colored headphones. If you can't find those, get your earbuds from a brand that offers the unit in different color options, so you are not limited to only one color.
- Microphones. It is best to find a model you can use for hands-free phone calls for safer driving. As such, ensure your unit comes with an integrated mic.
- Playback control. Ensure your budget earbuds have playback control buttons you can use to skip or rewind your songs or included sound controls for volume.
- Water resistance. Some earbuds may also have waterproof features at this cheap price point, thus your ideal option for working out.
- Some of the best workout earbuds under $20 can also come with ear hooks for better fits.
- Materials. If your earbuds are wired, make sure the material does not add more weight as it would be harder to keep them in your ears in a hanging-down fit.