A quiet store vacuum is designed to clean your garage, workshop or construction site without causing noise pollution, unlike traditional store vacuums.
A shop vacuum is an essential tool for any garage or job site. They are designed to clean sawdust, scrap pieces such as small nails and small pieces of metal, which a normal household vacuum cleaner cannot achieve.
In this guide, I will give you some of the best Quiet Shop vacuum cleaners as well as the factors you should consider before making a selection. Let's get started.
What is the quietest store vacuum?
The quietest store vacuum is Festool 583492 CT 26 E HEPA - dust extraction with a noise level of 62 decibels (dB) at low setting.
It has an adjustable suction, and an automatic tool starts with a tool triggered or manual on-off switch. Its suction power can be adjusted when using wet or dry.
It comes with an anti-static 11 ½ ft hose that is both flexible and kink-resistant to minimize static cling and impact hazards.
The unit also features a low center of gravity, large wheels for maneuverability and an ergonomic design that lets you move it around the shop/site with ease. It also features a HEPA primary filter positioned above the collection area.
It can be converted into a wet vacuum to drain water in your basement, and will automatically close if water gets into the working parts.
- HEPA filter
- Automatic tool start & stop
- Comfortable carrying handle
- Sys dock
- Antistatic hose
- Automatic water level sensor
- Cable storage
- Large wheels
- Self-cleaning filter bag
Top 5 Quietest Store Vacuum Cleaners
Store vac noise levels are measured in decibels. There is a decibel spectrum of 70-80 dB in most household shop vacuums, and industrial vacs are over 85 decibels.
Below is a condensed example, to give you a basic idea of the noise level for each vacuum.
Quiet store vacuums are below 70 decibels in use. Below that range, you can have a conversation with your mate.
- 70-85 decibels. When you speak to others, you may need to raise your voice.
- 85 dB and above - to communicate easily, you need to yell.
FEIN Turbo II Vacuum Cleaner
- Auto-Start Vacuum for power tools-allows your vacuum to turn on automatically!
- Powerful suction with 98.4" of static water lift
- On board storage for cord and accessories
- Long hose (13') and cord (18') for ease of use
- By-pass cooling for long life of vacuum
The FEIN Turbo II is marginally louder, but quieter than traditional store vacs, than the Festool above. It has a 66 decibel noise limit.
To keep the work area tidy without inducing caused hearing loss, it provides powerful suction and silent service.
The machine has a flow rate of 151 cfm and, with a volume of 8.4 gallons, gives a water raise of 98.4 inches. Without having to shift it around, it comes with an 18ft power code and a 13ft hose for long-pallet service. In the case you need to move it around the job site, the operation is made possible by the four swivel wheels.
It has an auto-start feature that automatically activates the vacuum to turn on. This is a great option, especially if you are vacuuming dust from power tools.
It also has a built-in storage compartment with accessory holders and hose and cord hooks.
- 4-gallon wet/dry vacuum.
- Rate of flow of 151 cfm and water rise of 98.4 inches
- Quiet operation - 66 dB
- 13-foot hose and 18-foot cord
- AutoStart socket
Makita VC4710 12-Gallon Wet+Dry Vacuum
- Powerful 12 AMP motor generates 135 CFM of suction power and 92"" of water lift to...
- Motor chamber constructed of quality sound-absorbing materials resulting in a quiet...
- Utilizes precision lightweight motor components and efficient air ducting to produce...
- Automatic Filter Cleaning System with blow-back feature is timed at set intervals to...
- Rocker valve isolates reverse air flow through each filter separately to not...
Powered by a 12-amp motor, Makita VC4712 produces 135-cfm airflow with a 92-inch air bridge.
The motor unit of this store vacuum is made of high-quality sound-absorbing materials, reducing the operating noise level to 59 decibels.
It features 12 gallons for dry vacuuming and 8 gallons for wet vacuuming and two small 360-degree swivel wheels for easy maneuverability and two large fixed rear wheels.
The vacuum is available in two versions. A regular edition and one sold with a grinder with a w/angle. It has a 16-foot anti-static hose and a 24-1⁄2-foot cable that allows you to enter the workplace's farthest corners without pushing the entire vacuum.
With purchase, you get a 30-day return policy and a 1-year limited warranty.
- 12 AMP motor
- 135 CFM suction
- An automatic filter cleaning system
- Variable speed control dial
- Wet and dry store vacuum
DeWalt DXV10P Quiet Poly Wet Dry Vacuum
- Sturdy 10 gallon dual-stage wet/dry Vac has quieter operation for clean-up...
- Powerful 5.5 peak horsepower motor provides just the amount of suction needed to most...
- Ultra durable rubberized casters allow smooth swiveling for ease of movement
- Extra long, 10 feet Power cord with cord wrap helps reach almost any cleanup need
- Built-in blower port powerful enough to blow Sawdust and debris from most any...
The DeWALT DXV10P Silent Poly is up to 50 percent louder than typical shop vacuums, according to the manufacturer.
The paint is mainly yellow with a few black finishes. The machine is fitted with a powerful motor of 5.5 horsepower, giving you ample suction power for any job site.
For smooth and quick swiveling, it is fitted with sturdy rubberized casters. Without turning the device, the 20' power cord helps you to reach the farthest point.
Furthermore, the machine has a built-in blower port that is strong enough to blast out some workshop soil and sawdust. It also comes with built-in storage of accessories where you can keep all your accessories packed neatly.
Finally, this unit has a large built-in tank drain that makes it easy to remove liquids picked up during the cleaning process.
- 360 degree rotation casters
- Wet/dry/impact vacuum cleaner
- 10-gallon capacity
- 20-foot power cord
- 5 HP peak power
- 50% quieter than normal store vacs
Vacmaster VWM510 5 Wet + Dry Shop Vacuum
- 2-Stage Motor for Powerful Suction and Quiet Operation
- Complete Vac Organization with On-Board Hose, Cord and Accessory Storage
- 20-Foot Cord with Cord Storage
- 41-Foot Cleaning Reach with Hoses and Power Cord
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: 11' x 1-7/8" Standard Hose, 10' x 1-7/8" Flexible Hose, Remote...
Vacmaster VWM510 5 is a 5-gallon wet or dry shop vacuum that is considered the perfect combination of power and convenience.
It is equipped with a whisper-quiet 2-speed (74 decibels) motor that can handle any job at home, in the garage, in the workshop or on the construction site. The unit comes with remote control setting capabilities that turns the unit on and off at the end of the contoured handle.
It also comes with a 20-foot long power cord and 21-foot hose to reach the farthest distances without having to move the unit.
This wet/dry vacuum comes with a variety of attachments that can be stored on board the unit to ensure you are always prepared for any job.
It also comes with a foam sleeve filter and a filter for a washable cartridge, but it is sadly not designed for a HEPA system.
Round brush nozzle, portable brush, crevice tool, auto tool, 11ft break resistance hose, and an air/noise diffuser are all accessories included with this product.
- 2-year warranty
- 20-ft power cord and 21 ft hose
- Easily converts to a blower
- Remote control switch
- Wall-mount frame
Nilfisk ALTO Aero 26-21 6.6-Gallon Vacuum
- Its 25-liter container capacity, 127 maximum CFM, and 84-inch maximum waterlift.
- Push & Clean system features semi-automatic filter cleaning for quick and easy...
- Lightweight design makes it easy to transport from site to site.
- Other tools include: 11.5-foot hose, tool holder kit, and extension tube
The Nilfisk ALTO Aero is equipped with a 6.6 gallon wet or dry vacuum with a maximum of 127 cfm airflow and an 84 - inch maximum water lift.
It was designed in Germany for reliability, top quality cleaning and durability. It features an exciting AutoStart function and a flat-top design for comfort.
The maximum noise produced by this store vacuum is 64 decibels. It has two small front 360-degree casters and two large fixed rear wheels. In addition, it is equipped with an 11ft hose for well.
The aluminum extension wand, instrument holder, universal nozzle, tool adapter, suction brush, dust pocket, and wet-dry floor nozzle are accessories also included in the vacuum cleaner. A 2-year guarantee comes with this unit.
Quiet Shop Vacuum Buyers Guide: What You Should Consider,
When shopping for a quiet store vacuum, there are several factors to consider. Mentioned here is the most important factors to consider in order to get a store vacuum that meets your specific needs.
Quiet store vacuum decibels
As mentioned earlier, traditional store vacuums are quite noisy. If you're using your vacuum in an environment that requires absolute silence, you need to invest in a unit that emits the least amount of noise.
While all of the store vacs in this guide all operate quietly, there are two that stand out from the rest. They include:
- Makita VC4712 59 decibel noise classification.
- Festool 583492 Dust extractor CT 26 E HEPA.
Preferably, anything with decibels below 70 would be better, and it would be best with decibels below 65.
The capacity of the store vacuum should be enough to accumulate dust and dirt throughout the cleaning process.
If you are dealing with a lot of space that needs to be cleaned up, a larger tank capacity is best.
However, if you are using the vacuum to clean your car or a small workshop, a small or medium tank capacity would serve you better.
If you want one for commercial spaces, a store vacuum with a larger tank capacity would meet your needs.
This is one of the important factors to prioritize other functions. Powerful store vacs have motor ratings above five peak horsepower (PHP).
In addition, the AirPower rating is another important factor. It indicates how effectively a vacuum can pick up heavier items.
This feature is important, especially if you plan to use the vacuum to pick up screws, bolts and heavy debris in your shop.
Also consider the suction pressure - this is important if the cleaning fluid gets mixed up.
Vacuum Cleaner Accessories
Accessories, in this case, include hose and cable.
In most cases, when buying a store vacuum people tend to forget about the hose. This small detail can jeopardize everything.
It may be hard to handle a hose that is too thick, and a hose that is too thin can compromise suction. Although you can still substitute the hose, choosing one that will not conflict with your cleaning process is crucial.
You can, on the other hand, pick a vacuum with a longer cord so that you can comfortably hit the farthest corners. Something you should also remember is the consistency of the cord.
Easy ways to make store for vacuum cleaner quieter
There are ways that you can keep the shop quieter today. I'm going to show some of the hacks that you might try to make the vacuum the quietest one.
- Dampen the vacuum exhaust outlet
- Clean the air filter regularly
- For your vacuum cleaner, build a soundproof enclosure
- Try out noise-cancelling headphones
A quiet store vacuum not only makes the cleanup process of your job site/workshop/garage easier, but it also makes it quieter.
They are perfect for commercial and home cleanup activities.
Which one is your favorite choice? If you are still stuck, you can choose either the Festool 583492 CT 26 E HEPA Dust Extractor or Makita VC4712-noise rating 59 decibels.
My favorite selection is Festool. I am very impressed with its robust cleaning and functionality as well as ease of use. It is designed to be compact enough and does not take up much storage space.